Carrot chutney with step-by-step images. It is a fast and attractive South Indian chutney selection made with carrots, coconut, herbs and spices. A vegan recipe that may be served as a aspect dish with Idli, Dosa, Uttapam or Medu Vada.
Each time I put together idli or dosa, at occasions I make a veggie chutney with them if I’m not making sambar. Just because it’s wholesome and the veggie primarily based chutney together with the idli and dosa does make up for a whole meal.
In South Indian delicacies chutneys are made with many veggies like capsicum, cabbage, beetroot, candy potato and varied gourds and so forth. It’s a great way to make use of these leftover veggies at residence.
Generally you don’t know what to do with a beetroot or carrot. Make a salad or chutney with them and have them together with your meals. Wholesome in addition to scrumptious.
This recipe of carrot chutney has coconut additionally added and tastes excellent with tender dosas like poha dosa, Neer Dosa, benne dosa, idlis, adai and even medu vada. You too can serve with Dal Vada or masala vada.
You possibly can retailer the leftover carrot chutney within the fridge in an hermetic container and it stays good for a couple of days.
Find out how to make Carrot Chutney
1. First peel and rinse 1 massive Delhi carrot (150 grams) after which chop it. You have to 1 cup of chopped carrots. Greatest to make use of juicy and tender carrots. Keep away from the fibrous carrots.
You need to use any number of recent, tender and juicy carrots.
2. Warmth 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan. You need to use sesame oil (gingelly oil), peanut oil or sunflower oil.
Add 1 teaspoon urad dal (husked and cut up black gram) and 1 teaspoon chana dal (cut up and skinned bengal gram).
3. Saute until each the dals flip golden on low warmth.
4. Then add 1 inexperienced chili (chopped), 4 to five curry leaves (chopped) and 1 pinch of asafoetida (hing). Stir and blend very nicely.
5. Then add 1 cup of chopped carrots.
6. Stir and blend once more.
7. Then add salt as required.
8. On a low to medium-low warmth saute the carrots stirring usually for 4 to five minutes.
9. Then add ⅓ cup grated coconut.
10. Combine very nicely and saute for a minute.
Grinding carrot chutney
11. Let the combination develop into heat after which add it to a grinder jar together with ⅓ to ½ cup of water.
12. Grind or mix until clean.
13. Take away the chutney to a bowl. Scrape off the edges and backside of the grinder jar and add the remaining chutney in the identical bowl.
If you’d like, you possibly can even add some water after which swirl the jar. This manner the carrot chutney on the backside and sides of the jar will get blended with the water. However do observe that to not add an excessive amount of water as then the chutney will develop into skinny.
Tempering for carrot chutney
14. Warmth 2 teaspoons of oil in the identical pan. Add ½ teaspoon mustard seeds.
You need to use any impartial flavored oil or use sesame oil or coconut oil.
15. Allow them to crackle on low warmth.
16. As soon as the mustard seeds crackle, add 4 to five curry leaves and 1 pinch asafoetida (hing). Combine and stir.
17. Pour all the tempering combination into the chutney. Stir and blend nicely.
18. Serve carrot chutney with South Indian snacks like idli, dosa, Adai dosa or vada.
The leftover chutney will be refrigerated and served later as required. It should keep good for a couple of days if refrigerated.
If you’re searching for extra Chutney recipes then do test:
Please remember to charge this recipe within the recipe card under when you’ve got made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Signal Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Fb, Pinterest or Twitter.
fast and attractive chutney made with carrots, coconut, herbs and spices
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook dinner Time 10 minutes
Complete Time 15 minutes
Stop your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Making carrot chutney
First peel and rinse 1 massive delhi carrot (150 grams) after which chop it. You have to 1 cup chopped carrots.
Warmth 1 teaspoon oil in a pan. Add 1 teaspoon urad dal and 1 teaspoon chana dal.
Saute until each the dals flip golden on low warmth.
Then add 1 inexperienced chili (chopped), 4 to five curry leaves (chopped) and 1 pinch of asafoetida. Combine very nicely.
Then add 1 cup of chopped carrots. Combine once more.
Then add salt as required and on a low to medium-low saute the carrots stirring usually for 4 to five minutes.
Then add ⅓ cup grated coconut.
Combine very nicely and saute for a minute.
Let the combination develop into heat after which add it in a grinder jar together with ⅓ to ½ cup water.
Grind until clean.
Take away the chutney in a bowl. Scrape of the edges and backside of the grinder jar and add the remaining chutney in the identical bowl. Hold apart.
Tempering for carrot chutney
Warmth 2 teaspoons oil in the identical pan.
Add ½ teaspoon mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
As soon as the mustard seeds crackle, add 4 to five curry leaves and 1 pinch asafoetida. Combine and stir.
Pour all the tempering within the chutney. Combine nicely.
Serve carrot chutney with idli, dosa, adai or vadai. The leftover chutney will be refrigerated.
- The recipe will be doubled or tripled.
- Greatest to make use of recent, juicy and tender carrots. Keep away from utilizing carrots which are fibrous.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 104 Energy from Fats 72
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 4g25%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 3g
Vitamin A 6341IU127%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 23mg115%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 44mg53%
Vitamin E 2mg13%
Vitamin Okay 5µg5%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 243µg61%
* % Day by day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
This Carrot Chutney recipe submit from the archives first revealed in Jan 2017 has been republished and up to date on 26 June 2022.