Entire roasted spicy tandoori cauliflower garnished with pickled onions, buttery pistachios, and crunchy-sweet pomegranate seeds is a show-stopper vegetarian dish for household meals and events. Served with cooling cucumber raita this tasty and visually inspiring meal is prepared in underneath 20 minutes.
Final yr I had the pleasure of eating at ABC V, Jean-Georges’ vegan restaurant in Manhattan. One dish that visually took my breath away was the entire roasted cauliflower. It had a superb yellow hue and was topped with little gems of pistachios, pomegranate, dried olives, and extra.
As I began this yr’s Thanksgiving preparation, I needed to create a visually interesting aspect dish, nevertheless it seems like this dish can truly maintain its personal as a primary! My model has hearty tandoori flavors with a cooling cucumber Raita.
I like that with the assistance of an On the spot Pot Strain Cooker and an air fryer, this beautiful dish could be cooked in simply 20 minutes. An ideal primary dish to your vacation desk.
- Cauliflower – a medium-sized recent complete head of cauliflower
- Spices – turmeric, purple chili powder, garam masala, floor cumin, and coriander
- Yogurt – creamy complete milk yogurt or greek yogurt works greatest for the marinade and the cucumber raita
- Cucumbers – small Persian cucumber
- Garnish – cilantro, pomegranate, pistachios, and pickled onions
How one can Make Tandoori Cauliflower
- Trim cauliflower leaves and steam. Make turmeric and salt brine.
- Add 1 cup of water to the On the spot Pot insert. Place the trivet contained in the On the spot pot and place cauliflower on high of the trivet. Apply salt and turmeric brine liberally over the cauliflower. Flip the cauliflower head the wrong way up and pour over the leftover brine. Steam the cauliflower within the On the spot Pot for 1 minute. Fast launch and take out the cauliflower on a platter.
- Make the tandoori marinade and generously coat the cooked cauliflower with tandoori marinade and place it within the preheated air fryer. Air fry at 400 F for five minutes.
- Place the air-fried cauliflower on a medium-serving platter. Pour Cucumber Raita across the cauliflower. Garnish with cilantro, pistachios, pomegranates, and pickled onions. Add lemon wedges to the aspect.
Minimize the cauliflower into skinny steaks and serve with cucumber raita, pickled onions, and a lemon wedge.
Extra Concepts to Garnish Roasted Cauliflower
✓ chopped cilantro
✓ roasted pistachios
✓ sliced almonds
✓ cashews pan-fried in ghee
✓ pickled onions
- Brush the turmeric and salt + water brine everywhere in the cauliflower, additionally flip the cauliflower head the wrong way up and pour over any remaining brine.
- Apply the marinade on the highest in addition to the underside
- The strain cook dinner time for complete cauliflower (trimmed weight): For 1 to 1.5 lbs steam for 1 minute, for 1.5 to 2 lbs steam for two minutes, and for lower than 1 lb steam for zero minutes.
- Vegan complete cauliflower – substitute yogurt with vegan yogurt for each marinade and raita. Take a look at this text on the greatest dairy-free yogurts
- To regulate the spice ranges, add kind of Kashmiri purple chili and garam masala
- You too can bake the cauliflower within the oven or use air fryer lids.
- Earlier than serving reduce the cauliflower into ½-inch steaks and broil for five minutes to get a crispier texture
Extra Thanksgiving and Vacation Recipes
Need to serve this attractive roasted cauliflower for the upcoming holidays? Listed here are a few of my favourite recipes to make a whole vacation meal:
Entire Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower with cucumber raita
Entire roasted spicy-tandoori cauliflower garnished with pickled onions, pistachios and pomegranates served alongside cooling cucumber raita.
Step 1: Brine and Steam the Cauliflower
Add 1 cup water to On the spot Pot.
Place the cauliflower head on the trivet and place the trivet contained in the On the spot Pot
Combine salt and turmeric in 2 tablespoons of water and brush it everywhere in the cauliflower. Flip the cauliflower over and evenly pour any remaining brine on it.
Then place the cauliflower again on the trivet with the stem down. Shut the On the spot Pot with strain valve to sealing. Strain Prepare dinner for 1 minute adopted by fast launch and open the On the spot Pot.
Step 2: Marinate and Roast
Combine all of the substances for the marinade in a small bowl. Apply the marinade on the steamed cauliflower utilizing a brush or silicone spatula. You too can flip the cauliflower over to get any remaining marinade underneath the cauliflower. Then place the cauliflower again on the trivet with the stem down. Apply the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over the cauliflower.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 F. Place the marinated cauliflower within the air fryer. Air fry at 400 F for five minutes. You too can roast in a preheated oven at 400 levels for five to 10 minutes.
Step 3: Raita
In a bowl, add finely grated cucumber, salt, grated garlic, floor cumin and cilantro. Add yogurt and blend effectively.
Step 4: Plating
Place the cauliflower in a medium serving platter. Pour Raita across the cauliflower. Garnish with cilantro, pistachios, pomegranates and pickled onions. Add lemon wedges to the aspect.
Minimize into ½ inch steaks whereas serving.
You need to use store-bought pickled onions or relishes to garnish.
Right here is my pickled onions recipe that may be made beforehand utilizing few fundamental substances:
- Boil 1 cup of purple pearl onions in 2 cups of water and a couple of teaspoons of salt for five to six minutes. Drain the onions and rinse as soon as
- In a small saucepan add ½ cup water, ½ cup apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, ½ teaspoon black peppercorn, ½ teaspoon fennel seeds and convey it to a boil or till the sugar dissolves
- Place the drained onions in a jar or glass bowl. Pour the vinegar water over it. Permit it to come back to room temperature after which refrigerate for at the least 1 hour earlier than serving
Energy: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 1532mg | Potassium: 702mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 84mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 1mg
♥ Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for tasty and straightforward video recipes. On the lookout for extra On the spot Pot recipes? Take a look at our scrumptious On the spot Pot Recipe board on Pinterest.
Hey there! I’m a techie turned recipe developer, cooking teacher, and meals blogger. I like meals and revel in creating simple and wholesome recipes for busy existence. I dwell in New Jersey with my husband and two sons.