Paneer Kolhapuri recipe with step-by-step images. Paneer Kolhapuri because the title suggests is a paneer based mostly dish that’s tailored from the spicy Kolhapuri delicacies. This scrumptious Kolhapuri model paneer gravy is spicy and has advanced flavors. It pairs very nicely with roti, naan, bhakri, paratha or steamed rice.
I by no means noticed any paneer Kolhapuri being served in Kolhapur. However paneer Kolhapuri is served within the menu of many North Indian eating places in metro cities.
Kolhapuri delicacies is greatest recognized for its spicy, scorching and sturdy flavors. One other recipe that I’ve already shared from the Kolhapuri delicacies is Veg Kolhapuri.
This recipe of paneer Kolhapuri has been tailored from the veg Kolhapuri recipe I had posted a couple of years again. Not like the restaurant variations, this paneer Kolhapuri recipe just isn’t very spicy nor there may be an excessive amount of of oil floating on the highest of the gravy.
I’ve used Kashmiri crimson chilies and never the Kolhapuri lavangi chilies to tone down the spice and warmth issue. In order for you a spicy scorching style, then you need to use lavangi chilies. In any other case add Kashmiri chilies or byadagi chilies.
How you can make Paneer Kolhapuri
Making ready Kolhapuri masala
1. Listed under are all of the elements for the pictorial goal solely. Please be aware when you don’t have stone flower (patthar phool) and cobra’s saffron (nagkesar) then it’s fantastic. You too can skip poppy seeds (khus khus) because it’s not out there in some international locations.
2. Warmth a pan and dry roast the spices first:
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 4 to five black peppers
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small stone flower
- 1 medium sized tej patta
- 1 nagkesar (cobra’s saffron)
- 5 Kashmiri crimson chilies
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder
- 2 inexperienced cardamoms
- 1 black cardamom seeds
- 2 single strands of mace
- 4 to five fenugreek seeds
3. Dry roast until the spices turn into aromatic on low warmth, stirring usually.
4. As soon as the spices turn into aromatic, then add 1 teaspoon poppy seeds and a couple of teaspoons of sesame seeds.
5. Then add ¼ cup desiccated coconut.
6. Stir constantly non cease and dry roast until the coconut will get golden on low warmth. Take away the pan from the warmth. Additionally take away the dry elements to a different plate or tray.
7. In the identical pan, warmth 2 tablespoons of oil and add ¾ cup of chopped onions.
You need to use any impartial tasting oil and even peanut oil.
8. Start to saute the onions on low to medium warmth stirring usually.
9. Saute the onions until gentle brown or golden. I ended at gentle brown as I used to be utilizing a metal pan and the onions can get burnt by the point I add the opposite elements.
10. Then add 2 teaspoons chopped garlic and 1 teaspoon chopped ginger.
11. Sauté for a couple of seconds or until the uncooked aroma of ginger-garlic goes away on low warmth.
12. Then add ⅓ cup coriander leaves.
13. Combine very nicely and saute for half a minute. Then swap off the warmth.
14. Take away the pan from the stovetop and let this onion combination quiet down.
15. First take the roasted complete spices in a grinder or blender jar.
13. Then add the sautéed onion combination.
14. Add ½ to ¾ cup water and grind or mix to a fantastic and easy paste with none chunks. Preserve this Kolhapuri masala paste apart.
Making Paneer Kolhapuri
1. Warmth 2 tablespoons of oil in the identical pan. Then add finely chopped tomatoes.
2. Stir and saute on low to medium warmth until the tomatoes flip pulpy and smooth. Oil ought to launch from the sautéed tomatoes.
3. Now add the next spice powders:
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri crimson chilli powder
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
4. Stir and blend the spice powders very nicely with the tomatoes.
5. Now add the Kolhapuri masala.
6. Combine once more very nicely with the tomatoes.
7. Saute for two to three minutes on a low warmth.
8. Add 1 to 1.25 cups of water. As a substitute of including water on to the pan, add some water to the grinder jar and rinse it very nicely, in order that the remaining masala will get blended with water. Then add this masala blended water to the pan.
9. Season with salt as required. Salt on this recipe must be proper. If much less salt is added, you don’t get the flavour of the spices.
10. Deliver the gravy to a simmer on a low to medium warmth for 7 to eight minutes. In between do stir, in order that the masala doesn’t persist with the bottom of the pan.
11. You need to see some specks of oil floating on the gravy. This implies the gravy is finished. Then add paneer cubes (200 grams). I like to recommend utilizing smooth and contemporary do-it-yourself paneer.
12. Combine after which swap off the warmth. Don’t prepare dinner the paneer for extra time or else they turn into chewy and rubbery.
Serve Paneer Kolhapuri scorching or heat with chapati or phulka or paratha or naan or bhakri. Garnish with some coriander leaves whereas serving. Accompany the paneer Kolhapuri and roti combo with some sliced onions and lemon wedges.
You too can serve it with steamed basmati rice or jeera rice.
In case you are on the lookout for extra Paneer recipes then do examine:
Please you’ll want to fee this recipe within the recipe card under in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Signal Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Fb, Pinterest or Twitter.
Paneer Kolhapuri is a spicy and scrumptious curry made with Indian cottage cheese, lot of spices, coconut, onions and tomatoes. The recipe is from the spicy Kolhapuri delicacies.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook dinner Time 30 minutes
Whole Time 50 minutes
For making kolhapuri masala
Forestall your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Making kolhapuri masala
Warmth a pan and dry roast all the entire spices first on a low flame – cinnamon, cloves, black peppers, coriander, cumin, stone flower, tej patta, nagkesar (cobra’s saffron), crimson chilies, nutmeg powder, inexperienced cardamoms and black cardamom seeds.
Dry roast until the spices turn into aromatic on a low warmth, stirring usually.
As soon as the spices turn into aromatic, then add poppy seeds, sesame seeds and desiccated coconut.
Stir constantly non cease and dry roast until the coconut will get golden on low warmth. Take away the pan from the warmth. Additionally take away the dry elements in one other plate or tray.
In the identical pan, warmth 2 tablespoons oil and add ¾ chopped onions.
Saute on low to medium warmth stirring usually until gentle brown or golden.
Then add chopped garlic and ginger. Sauté for a few seconds or until the uncooked aroma of ginger-garlic goes away on low warmth.
Then add coriander leaves. Combine very nicely and saute for half a minute. Then swap off the flame. Let this onion combination quiet down.
Take the roasted complete spices and sautéed onion combination in a grinder jar.
Add ½ to ¾ cup water and grind to a easy paste. Preserve apart.
making paneer kolhapuri
Warmth 2 tablespoons oil in the identical pan.
Then add finely chopped tomatoes.
Stir and saute until the tomatoes flip pulpy and smooth. Oil ought to launch from the sautéed tomatoes.
Now add the spice powders – ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon kashmiri crimson chilli powder and a pinch of asafoetida.
Combine the spice powders very nicely with the tomatoes.
Now add the kolhapuri masala.
Combine very nicely with the tomatoes and saute for two to three minutes on a low warmth.
Add 1 to 1.25 cups water. As a substitute of including water on to the pan, add some water within the grinder jar and rinse it very nicely, in order that the remaining masala will get blended with water. Then add this masala blended water within the pan.
Season with salt as required. Salt on this recipe must be proper. If much less salt is added, you don’t get the flavour of the spices.
Deliver the gravy to a simmer on a low to medium warmth for 7 to eight minutes. In between do stir, in order that the masala doesn’t persist with the bottom of the pan.
You need to see some specks of oil floating on the gravy. This implies the gravy is finished. Then add paneer cubes (200 grams).
Combine and swap off the warmth.
Serve this spicy paneer kolhapuri with chapatis or phulkas or bhakri. Garnish with some coriander leaves whereas serving. Accompany it with some sliced onions and lemon wedges.
- You may add much less or extra crimson chilies as per your preferences. If utilizing lavangi chilies, then add 2 or 3 chilies.
- Relying on the kind of chilies used, the colour of the gravy will range.
- Skip poppy seed, nagkesar and stone flower when you would not have them
- As a substitute of paneer, you may as well use tofu.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 373 Energy from Fats 288
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 12g75%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 12g
Ldl cholesterol 33mg11%
Vitamin A 937IU19%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 88mg107%
Vitamin E 6mg40%
Vitamin Okay 17µg16%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 26µg7%
* P.c Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
This Paneer Kolhapuri publish from the archives first revealed in Dec 2016 has been republished and up to date on 28 June 2022.